NRL Opportunity; Design Manager- Hillington
Our client currently has an urgent requirement for a Design Manager to be based in their Hillington office on a Staff basis. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to manage a team comprising of in-house design electrical, external process / mechanical consultant, external building services consultant and interface with the overall EPC design integrator.
• Manage a team of between 5 and 10 Engineers and Senior Engineers
• Contribute to the development existing client relationships and seek out new business
• Have a full working knowledge of CDM 2007
• Translate customer requirements in to clear proposals
• Provide technical support to site teams during installation and commissioning phases
• Undertake detailed engineering design and prepare technical documents and schedules
• Check/ review drawings and technical documents and maintain an auditable record of these checks
• Contribute to the development and training needs of the Design Team as appropriate to skills level/ experience
• Professionally represent the company at client and supplier meetings
• Continually ensure that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and company’s best interests and that company policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice Identify
• Access and manage design risk
• Chartered Engineer with min 10 years experience
• Good understanding of power / process plants
• Good understanding of HV/LV switchgear and control
• Good understanding of steam turbine generation
• Good understanding of process pipework & P&ID’s
• Management of project design budget
Qualifications & Experience:
• Extensive experience in Design Engineering, previous experience at Management level is essential.
• BEng or equivalent, in a relevant subject
• Professional Accreditation CEng or IEng
• Ability to Lead / Manage a team of 5-10 engineers & senior engineers
• Ability to deputise for design manager when appropriate
• Ability to attract new clients and business opportunities
• Knowledge of tendering, proposals and cost management
• Basic Knowledge of contract conditions
• Ability to interface with client and manage design projects.
• Knowledge of contract programs specifically design.
• Ability to interface with key supply chain.
• Knowledge of Specifications and BS standards related to specific industry sectors.
• Full working knowledge of CDM 2007, designers duties and an overall knowledge of site safety.
• Ability to translate customer requirements into clear proposals.
• Providing technical support to the site teams during the installation and commissioning phases.
• Ensuring that identified risks are assessed and managed.