About the role:
The Area Commissioning Team Leader (ACTL) reports to the Lead Commissioning Team Leader.
The ACTL supports the Lead CTL in the management of the commissioning of the facilities and handing them over to the operations team in compliance with the Nuclear Site License condition 21.
The ACTL is responsible for:
- Ensuring Safety is the highest priority on the project with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. They ensure that they are a role model for all aspects of safety, ensuring a proactive approach to nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental safety
- Delivering the commissioning work scope to an agreed strategy and plan in a timely and cost effective manner
- Managing the compilation and approval of Commissioning Test Documents
- Managing execution of the arrangements for controlling, witnessing, recording and assessing the results of commissioning tests.
- Ensuring that all commissioning activities are recorded and managed.
- Planning, balancing and prioritising commissioning resources to support successful project delivery
- Ensuring input to other project processes are incorporated, for example, design, HAZOP, risk, contract, estimating and knowledge management
- Ensuring the commissioning team are SQEP to SL/JV requirements
- Liaising with construction to ensure earliest possible facility handover
- Working with the Completions team to ensure all commissioning activities are managed and recorded.
- Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
What you will need:
- Commissioning knowledge and experience within a similar managerial role for either nuclear or conventional systems commissioning
- Experience with GoC CMS (or similar)
- HNC/HND in Engineering related subject is preferred
- Project management knowledge including APM would be advantageous