Design Coordinator – Main Contractor – Dublin
Our client is a leading contractor based in Dublin. We are recruiting a design coordinator for a permanent position for project in the Dublin area. The ideal candidate will have 2 years + design coordination experience with a main contractor in Ireland or the U.K
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality related matters.
- Input into the selection of design subcontractors.
- Assist CM/PM and QS in checking Employers Requirements/Cost Proposal Compatibility.
- Chair and minute Design meetings and ensure production of information in line with the design programme.
- Liaise with the site team to ensure buildable and robust details with the agreement of the construction team.
- Check sub-contractors/design drawings for compliance and interface.
- Distribute, file, and record the drawing movements including all s/s and connected drawings.
- Work with the site team (incl. QS) to consider alternatives.
- Regularly inspect site to ensure design is being adhered to.
- Report on the effectiveness of the design team and design sub-contractor.
- Liaise with the M&E Co-ordination to ensure compatibility of building and services.
- Attend production meetings and input to all design issues.
- Add value and reduce cost to the building without decreasing the building’s durability or reducing any warranty.
- Communicate design opportunities and risks to DM.
- Attend client meetings.
- Compile, record, and manage information-required documents.
- Communicate changes/variations with site QS.
- Report on the design in line with cost meetings.
If you would like to apply or find out some more information, send an updated CV or contact Steven Garland at NRL to discuss in confidence.