The Role Duties:
- Attends project BIM Meetings
- Reviews and understands project BIM standards to ensure that all members of their discipline receive and understand them as well.
- Communicates with and manages discipline BIM designers, ensures that all information from Project BIM Coordinator is passed to team.
- Ensures that models & drawings are executed according to project BIM standards. This includes performing periodic Quality review of his/her discipline models & drawings and seeing that discrepancies are corrected.
- Communicates with the Project BIM Coordinator for all BIM issues which affect their discipline. This includes relaying new information from BIM Manager to the discipline users, and also communicating problems from the users to the BIM Manager for resolution.
- Assembles drawings to be issued in a package and ensures that drawings are ready for issue. This includes providing & verifying title block and revision block information is correct & complete.
- Overall responsibility to ensure that Models produced are fit for purpose & compliant with project requirements.
- Checking that model content is on the correct workset/layer
- Ensuring that best practices, as set out in BIMSite and SOP, are provided to and followed by all discipline modelers
- Compacting the Revit files or Purging the Civil 3D models
- Checking that views and families have been named and located in appropriate directories (Revit)
- Setting up & maintaining Published settings (Revit) & Publishing by the end of each week & at milestone issues
What you will need:
Experience in Revit MEP