About the role:
Experienced HSSQ Advisor required for renowned project in West Cumbria with some flexibility for home working days, this position is for a Regional HSSQ Advisor capable of providing support and assistance and continuous raising of the bar on health, safety, sustainability and quality performance across multiple Group projects; a key individual in the Regions Operational and Project Management Teams.
What you will need:
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5 years’ experience in a civil and/or similar industry, heavy industry or high risk environment and have worked in a related professional role previously (e.g. SHE Advisor, HSE , Sustainability & Environmental Advisor) on a medium/ large scale.
- Experience in design and build projects across a variety of sectors and advising a region, both pre contract and during contract, with varying Civil & Structural M & Fit Out, Asbestos & Demolition deliverables would be
- NEBOSH and HSE qualifications ideal for this role
- Environmental and sustainability qualifications and knowledge advantageous
- Understanding of certificated management systems, third party auditing experience and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure, in a busy and constantly changing environment, and react to change as required
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Outstanding teamwork skills and attention to detail
- To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Attention to detail, accurate completion and development of internal and external reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Use of Microsoft Office applications