To assist the Head of HSSE in successfully implementing change following the creation of Shared Service; and support client specific activities to improve business performance and safety.
- Representing the client as required on the development of One site HSSE processes and procedures; and developing and coordinating the implementation arrangements for these.
- Coordinating and implementing proposals for improving safety client culture and behaviours.
- Analysing data to identify root cause and trends to improve prioritisation of actions to drive performance.
- Assisting the waste team in implementing the Licencing and EA permit requirements for receiving external waste.
- Coaching client managers and staff to improve competence on hazard identification and risk awareness through delivery of the Area Specific Hazard Assessments and joint assurance of onsite processes.
- Implementing the findings of the client review of RAMs and leading the collaboration with SS, and other client entities to ensure these are incorporated in the One Management of Contractors project.
- Providing pragmatic and useful advice, guidance and coaching to client on health, safety, environmental and wellbeing issues.
- Delivers a range of generic activities as required by the Head of HSSE, including leading and contributing to investigations, audits and inspections, continual improvement activities etc.
- Deputise for the Head of HSSE at internal and external meetings within spheres of competence.
- Experience of improving the engagement of our Elected Safety Representatives. DESIRABLE – I can point them in the right direction – this can be done by someone with experience of coaching/training others in identifying safety management system failures and trends. Make this essential.
- Improvement of the quality of investigations, including the competence of our investigators (this would be in conjunction with org learning but would need someone inside to lead on the analysis and design).
- Driving cultures and behavioural improvement has risen to the fore. The client are about to launch a new Human Performance Tool. Determining how best to implement that will be a key task.
- Experience of using or developing a risk based approach to HSE assurance programmes.
- Experience of managing organisational change and /or improving organisational design
- Experience of working within nuclear, COMAH or other high-hazard industries.
- Previous, proven experience of providing HSSE-type or other risk advice in an industrial environment.
- Experience of leading or participating in audits, SV, inspections and/or investigations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and programme own work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including good interpersonal skills necessary to work in a team environment and to liaise with all levels of the organisation to explain reasons for decisions made and to gain buy in from others.
- Strong analytical skills, identification of trends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of site-relevant HS&E legislation.
A degree or equivalent.
A NEBOSH diploma is deemed equivalent for this role