Performs the assessment and design and monitors ongoing process of a project, including the coordination of the project with project delivery team.
- Leading/working with a team of EC&I engineers/designers in developing engineering deliverables throughout various stages of the project.
- Information gathering, undertaking desktop studies.
- Preparing RAMS, carrying out visual and intrusive inspections analysing data and reporting.
- Prepare drawings, functional and technical specifications, and contract documents.
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications.
- Interfaces and co-ordinates with Safety Case and System Engineering teams.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the project delivery team and customer.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Discipline Head.
- Works with minimal supervision and delivers to deadlines.
- Responsible for authoring/reviewing/checking on technical deliverables.
You will need:
- Possess in depth knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline.
- Experience in HV generation/distribution systems (50&60Hz) and associated control and protection systems.
- Experience in HV/LV cable sizing and design and using cable sizing software (ETAP/AMTECH).
- Experience in LV systems and electrical building services.
- Experience of working on Nuclear Safety Implicated systems.
- Experience of working with and implementing Safety Case requirements.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience in a contracting environment, relevant site experience.
- Possess suitable security clearance or capable of obtaining relevant NSV clearance.
- Must be a sole UK national due to the security clearance nature of the work.
- Willing to travel if/when required.
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long term contract