To support the HVAC Capability team delivering nuclear projects in all aspects of HVAC and Building Services. Reporting to the HVAC Manager/Principal Engineer you will have:
- Experience of working within Building Services Engineering design consultancy practice
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients.
- Available to be based out of the Birchwood Park OR Westlakes Offices, and with the ability to work from home when appropriate.
You will need:
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or a minimum of 10 years HVAC design experience. Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential.
- Have at least 10yrs demonstrable experience in delivering in Building Services design. Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures (preferred but not essential). Awareness of EG_0_1738_1 - Ventilation of Radioactive Areas.
- Design of ventilation systems from basic principles which shall include but not limited to:
- Review of room data sheets
- Calculating required air change rates for free cooling, containment, etc.
- Calculating airflow rates to enable duct sizing and pressure loss calculations for fan duties,
- Develop HVAC Fire and Control Philosophy;
- Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation.
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long term contract with option of going permanent if desired
- Wide range of work
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.