|NRL are working with a client looking for a Construction HS&E Advisor reporting to the Construction Manager.
This position shall ensure that identified health, safety, environment, and security requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all Major Project work areas.
The position shall also ensure that HS&E processes are being adhered to (audit / assess) in accordance with site standards, and legislated standards for health, safety, and environment.
- Overall responsibility for assisting in the implementation of the HS&E Project Execution Plan for the work site.
- Will work closely with the Construction Management Team on implementation of Project to enhance the management of personnel health and safety, (employees, contractors and the public) that is critical to continuous improvement in HS&E performance.
- There is extensive external liaison with contractors and internally with those accountable for project management. - Liaise with the site HSE contractor personnel on core team resource requirements (people, major equipment, etc) for follow up and implementation at senior management level. –
- Verify that all project personnel are fully conversant with the specific HS&E Project Execution Plan for Construction and Commissioning, including related HS&E instructions, environmental and Sustainable Development commitments.
- Continuously monitors the work environment, especially for work performed under specific Permit to Work requirements.
- Communicates appropriate HS&E related information on an accurate and timely basis to the work force. - Support or leads hazard identification exercises.
- Participates in regular HS&E meetings with the Contractors and related interested parties with the view to discussing HS&E concerns and actions common to all.
- Assist supervision and management in conducting incident investigations. Incumbent will be a key member of any major incident investigation team.
- Encourage overall hazard identification and reporting as well as immediate reporting of all incidents and Near Miss incidents by all site personnel.
- Ensure Contractors coordinate appropriate orientation or other training for personnel commencing employment in compliance with the specific HS&E Project Execution.
- In conjunction with project Contractors, ensure the display and dissemination of HS&E material suitable for construction toolbox topics or other project meetings.
- Maintain positive, consultative relationships with outside stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in the areas of loss control, environmental performance and quality. Provide ongoing leadership, coaching, and key point tipping service to all Major Project personnel in safety and loss control techniques, while being visible, approachable and available to all levels, with the objective of improving our efficiency and minimizing our losses. In conjunction with project management and Construction Management and/or project contractors, coordinate thorough investigation of all incidents and coordinate audits.
- Organizes and issues daily/monthly HS&E reports as required.