Fife area - Contract will be min 6 months to 12 months.
Structural Designer (Production Outputs) will be part of the team responsible for the creation of CAD Production Outputs along with other design deliverables to the required standards. You are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the appropriate areas of the product design cycle including installation technical support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
About the role:
- Primary responsibilities will be preparing & producing 2D structural marine drawing deliverables (primary/secondary/outfit) to required standards & within budget/schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate 2D Production Output deliverables.
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate additional deliverables (BoM/CADCAM data)
- Utilising appropriate technical standards and regulations to support development within the appropriate area of the Design Lifecycle (specifically PO’s)
- Perform self-verification of own work
- Ability to identify errors and omissions that conflict with require specifications within source model and deliverables
- Familiarity with shipbuilding/ship repair terminology and practices
- Liaise with colleagues and various stakeholders during appropriate design phases to ensure coordination and functionality of design
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
What you will need?
- Experience working on Naval or Commercial Marine shipbuilding projects
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD systems in a 2D environment, but a minimum awareness of working within a 3D model.
- Preference to be with Hexagon S3D
Whats in it for you:
- Excellent rate with 6 to 12 months full time contract