About the Role?
As a Waste Operative you will be assisting the public and ensure that all waste is separated according to its stream and that all recyclable elements are recycled. A typical day could include dealing face to face with the public and answering any queries they have; waste acceptance; sorting waste to ensure it is in the correct waste stream and general housekeeping but no day is the same so this is great place to have a varied workload! The best part about this position is there is no previous experience or qualifications needed as we provide full training!
What will the role involve?
- Ensure the segregation of the different waste streams into the appropriate containers
- Assist the public in separating their waste and provide general advice about recycling
- Greet the public on site and assist them in using the site effectively
- Ensure the safe storage of waste in accordance with the permit requirements
- Ensure that hazardous waste is separated and stored appropriately
- Keep the site clean and tidy and make sure it remains respectable at all times.
- Report all Health and Safety incidents in accordance with Company guidelines
- Manage and implement site policies as directed
- Identification of contaminated recyclable materials and undertake appropriate action as necessary.
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Amey’s company policies, risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Undertake any training necessary as part of the duties required.
- The post holder must comply with the Company Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety at Work Policies.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the designation and grading of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Able to work as part of team but be able to use their own initiative.
- Good customer service skills and experience of dealing with public.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures.