- Undertakes specified tasks/ areas of work dependant on size and complexity of project, as defined by the lead engineer or project/ project engineering manager.
- Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer/ group manager.
- Responsible for communicating technical/ project issues potentially impacting the project to the lead engineer.
- Senior engineer is accountable to the lead/principal engineer or project engineer (dependant on size and complexity of the project) in the project environment
- Project experience in the UK or similar onshore environments essential
- Typically works as a civil/ structural engineer reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project
- Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables
- Undertakes specific tasks/ area of work as defined by the lead/ principal engineer
- Works to the requirements of the Civil/ Structural Design Manual
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract under the supervision of the lead/principal engineer
- Participates in factory acceptance tests
- Supports the preparation of the civil/ structural TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR
- Ensures compliance with our client’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
- Knowledge of applicable UK and international and industry specifications, standards and codes
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
- Activity scheduling and discipline priorities
- Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Cost awareness
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving mind set
- Typically holds a master’s degree in civil engineering or post-graduate civil engineering qualification. Chartered status preferred. Experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
What’s on offer:
- Stable contract duration
- Competitive hourly rate
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.