The Manufacturing Test & Equipment Qualification function within our Asset Management business area provide consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Process, Nuclear and Renewables sectors in the field of Testing & Equipment Qualification. Within this function we have an opportunity for a Technician to join our team in Renfrew.
About the role:
- Provide technical support in the field of Test and Equipment Qualification.
- Set-up and monitor data acquisition hardware and software.
- Operate closed loop control test machines.
- Set-Up Test and Equipment Qualification projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in the field of instrumentation installation, monitoring and calibration.
- Work effectively as part of a team or individually as required in a safe and tidy manner, paying particular attention to Laboratory / Test Bay housekeeping.
- Carry out periodic site work
- Assist with the oversight and operation of equipment and facilities as specified by the Operations Leader ensuring that these are always properly maintained, calibrated and fit-for-purpose.
- Fully participate as an active technical member of project team(s) in meeting time, cost and timescale targets on all projects thus fully satisfying the client’s valid requirements.
- Adhere to company procedures and systems (including quality, safety, environment, administration, security) and to contribute to the improvement of such procedures where they can enhance performance.
- Ensure that equipment, workspace and machinery is maintained to a high standard and fit for purpose for use.
- Stop any work being carried out within bay/lab environments which is deemed not in-line with the standards expected.
What will you need?
- All this experience should be supported by either an apprenticeship with recognised qualification such as SVQ, ONC or City and Guilds in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
What’s in it for you?
- Negotiable salary dependant on experience level
- Great benefits package
- Half day Fridays