In this role you will be a member of the senior management team for the Isle of Wight Waste Management Park, working as business partner to the Account Director ensuring all financial deliverables for the account are met. The contract consists of an Energy from Waste (EfW) facility and waste collections services operating under a PFI contract with the Isle of Wight Council. The site has the ability to process through Mechanical Treatment (80,000 tonnes per year), whilst the EfW is nearing the completion of construction.
- Manage production of monthly financial results ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements. Management of accruals and prepayments and providing insightful analysis and commentary on variances against budget and updated forecasts.
- Mid-month outlook reviews
- Partners with Senior Management team to optimise performance.
- Manage production of budgets and long-term forecasts.
- Maintenance of budget trackers and support operational teams to focus on cost control and tracking any deviations to expected spend
- Support construction team with the Cost to Complete model and scrutinise any spend variances
- Production and reporting of cash flow forecasts
- Balance sheet reviews
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Manage the profit improvement plan, tracker process.
- Review the risk register & assess financial and commercial risk.
- Monitor supplier onboarding for ethics & fraud within internal control processes.
- Payment requests prioritising payments in line with weekly allocations
- Invoicing material sales and third-party tipping accounts
- Monthly Service Charge Invoicing, Annual Financial Forecast and Annual Reconciliation for Isle of Wight Council.
- Ad hoc financial information requests for operational managers
- CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with broad post qualification experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of experience of month end close procedures
- Good working knowledge of SAP finance processes would be beneficial
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a busy operational environment and business partnering experience
- Experience of Waste industry would be beneficial
- Experience in PFI contracts would be beneficial
- Experience in Construction would be beneficial
- Resilient with high customer service focus to manage upwards to very senior levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commercially focused with ability to deliver improvements in an operational environment
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines with a high degree of quality and understanding
- Demonstrates an ability to share knowledge with team members to enable them to understand the financial and commercial role they play within the business.
- Flexible approach to the role and the project as a whole to be able to view the entire project and not just the commercial and financial obligations.
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.