NRL are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our client’s team in Bolton. Working as part of the Finance Team you will provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect to all payments of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger.
- Ensure effective cash management, timely raising of sales ledger invoices and effective recovery of Aged Debtors.
- Support the Finance Team to ensure month-end deadlines are met, forecasts are accurate, and queries are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.
- To pursue outstanding invoices for the company.
- To ensure that the purchase ledger is accurately maintained, and process deadlines (payment dates) are met.
- To ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice.
- To ensure good internal control with respect to the purchase ledger function.
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required.
- To reconcile suppler statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the purchase ledger including payment and credit control, management reports, aged creditors.
- To prepare payment batches and enter payment through HSBC.
- Monthly completion of subcontractor’s tax return.
- Ensure prompt scanning of supplier invoices.
- Manage Invoices on Hold and Query Log.
- Entry of sales invoices, allocation of receipts and collection of Aged Debtors.
- Log weekly timesheets and ensure weekly reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
- Support the weekly Cashflow Forecast
- Provide Customer and Supplier credit checks.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Preparing and entering journals to Sage.
- Supporting the preparation of management accounts and month-end duties including reconciliations.
- Management of Petty Cash
- Previous experience within an Accounts Assistant position
- Computerised accounting purchase-ledger experience, preferably SAGE Line 50.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail and the internet.
- Driven and motivated with the desire to learn and develop and grow in the role as the business grows.
- Good character, polite and pleasant in the workplace and willing to assist the team as necessary
- Excellent attention to detail, very meticulous and well organised.
- Ability to work in a focused manner.
About NRLNRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.