Our client is a a global energy company, provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services, leader in the energy transition.
They are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Business Development Manager will be based in London, Leeds or Mold with the ability to travel frequently to North Wales and other business development projects in the UK. This is a permanent role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company allowance, bonus and benefits package.
- Manage the investment approval process and EPC contract negotiation for projects
- Deliver other Business Development activities in the United Kingdom
- Support other commercial activities associated with the wider Refurbishment programme as required (e.g., contract claims management, lobbying activities, Capacity Market contract administration).
- Deliver the investment approval process and EPC contract negotiation for the refurbishment project, which is envisaged to take place in 2023 and result in the refurbishment of one unit or more each year from 2026 onwards
- Deliver additional business development projects where required
- Provide commercial project management and support for the wider programme where required.
- Assisting on claims management for already contracted projects and the refurbishment
- Developing positions and contributing to regulatory discussions relating to investment projects
- Administering qualification for and delivery of contracts
- Assisting in implementing commercial processes to support the site based project team
- Support the strategy development process
Skills & Experience Required:
- Significant experience in project development within the power generation industry;
- Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of transactions;
- Previous experience with pumped storage or flexible generation assets desirable;
- Detailed understanding of electricity markets;
- Understanding of EPC contracting steucture (particularly FIDIC);
- Understanding of pumped storage or flexible power generation technologies;
- Understaning of financial statements and infrastructure valuation techniques;
- Profficiency in MS Office applications with advance knowledge of Power Point and Excel;
- Capable of performing in a high workload, short deadline and competitive environment and delivering the expected business outcome;
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across a range of disciplines;
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate large multi-discipline teams;
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude;
- University Degree in Engineering, Finance or Economics would be an advantage;
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Bonus and benefits package
- Chance to work for a well respected company
- Career progression
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV.