New Staff Position
About the role:
- Prepare, Determine and Evaluate the fixed and variable costs incurred by the Manufacturing site and assets operated by the business in Grangemouth, approximate value of $320m per year. Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial ledger and recommend results to Commercial Team, Performance Manager, Cost Centre Managers and Management Team.
- Fixed Costs c.£110m
- Variable & Margin Costs of c.£90m
- Cost Recoveries of approximate $1m per year
- 3 currencies to consider
- Approximately 30 Budget Accountability Areas
- Internal Contacts
- Financial & Performance Managers
- Commercial Manager. Management Team and European Accounting Team
- Internal Factors influencing Role
- Quality and availability of financial systems, interfaces, and databases
- Group timetables on deadlines on monthly performance
- External Factors influencing Role
- UK GAAP and IFRS
- Changes in Accounting Regulation
Experience in the following:
- Review, report and recommend the monthly fixed and variable cost analysis, ensuring complete integrity of the financial ledger and giving assurance to the Financial and Commercial Group of the accuracy and correctness of the results on a monthly basis. Be part of the group that pulls together the month-end accounts by workday 7.
- Appraise, assess and review variations to the fixed and variable costs allocated to the business throughout the month to provide governance role and ensure rigorous budgetary control assurance, therefore giving greater integrity to the financial ledger and forward forecasts and providing Performance Manager and onwards to Group Financial Controller with increased assurance of the refining business financial results.
- Determine, Evaluate and Forecast on a monthly basis the refining business fixed and variable cost performance, consulting with Operations, Delivery and Performance Coordinator to ensure that accurate forecast is made in order to achieve the elimination of potential future surprises and provide assurance to Finance and Commercial Management of the integrity of the forecast.
- Control, coordinate and collate the annual fixed and variable cost operating plan of approximately $320m to ensure directors and senior management are fully up to date with the nature and value of costs in the budget review meetings. Budget costs must be bottom-up and discussed and understood with the cost centre managers and, for employee headcount, with HR.
- Complete year-end financial statements for entity-level companies to a high quality to ensure they are clear to the company auditors. Be part of the team delivering year-end accounts and answer audit queries regarding year-end as they arise.
- Qualified accountant or part-qualified accountant with relevant experience having had exposure to management accounting, cost reporting and cash forecasting. Proven relevant experience will also be considered
- Strong problem-solving ability to resolve issues on own initiative and present solutions in a clear and precise manner.
- knowledge of accounting system (SAP). Or similar
- Experience of Qlikview report writer preferred but not essential.
- Advanced Excel skills.
What`s in it for you:
- Excellent Salary Negotiable
- Full company benefits
- long term Career opportunities