About the role:
The Procurement & Cost Team Leader is responsible for managing the Procurement and Cost Assurance Contract responsibilities whilst leading a team to provide competent, compliant contract coverage, deliver savings, provide a professional procurement and cost assurance service and to support the development of the Procurement and Cost Assurance team. Responsible for management of monthly applications service receipting and payments to each supplier of Services to the business, to ensure these are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed contractual terms & conditions.
What you will need:
- Lead the team to prepare, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and contractors
- Interrogate and manipulate complex monthly spend data to ensure good value is achieved for each CAPEX / Project / Turnaround Contract
- Produce timely Contractor Value-Of-Work-Done (VoWD) and forecasting updates
- Control/approve interim payments to Contractors within Delegation Of Authority approval levels
- Analyse spend data to make recommendations regarding contractual disputes on claims and contentious variations to ensure Business only pays what it is due
- Set individual goals and objectives for team members, providing constructive feedback in order to ensure a high performing team, addressing the Procurement needs of the business
- Monitor Procurement systems and processes so that they are applied in a timely manner
- Establish and utilize in depth market intelligence for team to use effectively in order to deliver savings and provide a professional procurement service
- Provide expert technical advice on procurement related risks associated with high value, complex strategies in order to ensure that the business receives the intended and expected service or supply from contractor and/or supplier
- Manage Contract Variations in line with contractual terms ensuring they are clearly documented
- Preparation of monthly and year-end accruals
- Liaise closely and interface with Stakeholders
- Provide detailed guidance on contract styles and documentation appropriate to prevailing circumstances together with performance measurement, incentivisation and relationship management techniques.
- Implement and enforce Procurement policies and procedures in order to provide assurance and control on all financial and contractual matters.
- Guide, monitor and manage the team in delivering and executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure that the commercial management of CAPEX / Projects / Turnaround Contracts and Contractors is carried out fairly and to the highest ethical standards whilst at all times protecting Business commercial/contractual position and enhancing its reputation.
- Manage the relationship with each Contractor to ensure timely resolution of any variation to maintain good commercial relationships with all Service suppliers
- Member of Wider Leadership Team leading on Procurement and Cost
- Focal point into the business to driving continuous improvement
- Graduate Quantity Surveying qualification with experience
- People Management, effective delegation and coaching experience
- In depth experience of both Contractor and Materials Procurement
- Contract administration experience in a large complex environment with a proven track record of administering complex and high value Contracts
- Experience of working with a variety of Contract styles and NEC3 experience preferred
- Able to prepare detailed spend reports and present complex data in easy-to-understand manner
- Membership of professional body (RICS)
Whats in it for you:
- Excellent Staff package
- Full company benefits