Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set the standard, provide oversight and support the project teams in the design of their cyber security infrastructure.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice in relation to cyber security of control and instrumentation systems.
- Act as focal point in all cyber security related design aspects, ensuring traceability between wider site and facility cyber specific security requirements/design.
- Advise on and contribute to design and technical governance management process in relation to cyber security methodologies/requirements eg. standards.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example BIM.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Design & Safety Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- A degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate cyber security discipline, computer science, or a related field.
- Holds National Cyber Security Centre Certified Cyber Professionals (CCP)
- NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE).
- Design of cyber security system design and security project integration
- Design of integrated security arrangements;
- Experience of substantiation of cyber security in C&I systems, security designs and development of supporting assessments/analyses including Nuclear Site Security Plans and Security Cases.
- Has demonstrable experience of cyber security in C&I systems
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate sound understanding of cyber security design and such practices as relevant to post and project requirements.
- In depth knowledge of cyber security in C&I systems, specification, requirements, commissioning and acting as the intelligent customer.
- Sound understanding of relevant codes, practices and standards, including NCSC, CPNI and SANS.
- Strong knowledge of cyber security assessments/analyses typical of cyber security development.
- Provide expert advice on security threats and appropriate mitigation methods.
- Relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design.
- Experience of working in BIM environments.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications.
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.