About the role:
Own, manage and maintain the recording of multi-disciplinary inputs (development wide) that will underpin the application and examination in a single source of truth master spreadsheet.
• Collaborate with and direct technical teams with their inputs and issues raised
• Attend Project 'change meetings' and 'governance meetings' up the Project, driving and recording the commitments and strategies approved at the appropriate forums
• Promote the pre-Examination advancement of commitments to underpin the preparation of Defensive Briefs.
• Help hold key Project personnel to process and programme in terms of decisions due ahead of Examination deadlines.
• Manage the provision of key information from the Development team to the Procurement/Contracting teams within LTC Delivery.
• Support the delivery of the Development Directorate in accordance with requirements of the legislation and Planning Inspectorate guidance.
• Support the delivery of required outputs in strict accordance with the timetable as set by the Planning Inspectorate.
• To consider project legacy and in all decision making in the same way as cost, risk, time and quality.
• To hold health, safety and welfare (HSW) as a key project value and to participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSW strategies by the project leadership team.
• Our client is committed to promoting an inclusive working environment for all staff and expects its team leaders to make best use of their skill to create an inclusive culture free from discrimination or harassment
What you will need:
Involvement with the preparation and submission of the DCO applications for development consent
• Previous involvement in a DCO Examination, particularly involvement with project-wide commitments / mitigation, would be beneficial.
• An understanding of the Planning Act 2008 and its associated rules and procedures governing examinations for development consent.
• Experience of coordination and delivery of multi-disciplinary inputs to meet demanding deadlines.
• Educated to degree standard with a relevant membership of an appropriate professional body or equivalent work history.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a major infrastructure project in a similar industry &/or to working in a matrix and dispersed team.
• Effective task management and accurate information management
• Clear and concise planning, coordination and time management
• Ability to properly articulate tasks and expected outcomes
• Ability to deliver to strict deadlines
• Excellent workload and time management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to deliverer to challenging timescales with different styles of leadership
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What's in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to work on one of the largest Highways infrastructure project in the UK currently
- Long term contract
- Chance to work with an industry leading consultancy