Reporting to the HR Director/Senior Business Partner/Business Partner, operational role, interacting with employees and line managers and advising on day to day ER and HR matters. Could be aligned to business population or assigned case work. Advises on policies and processes and actions other parts of HR function.
This crucial support role provides assistance on day to day ER and HR matters. Works with Line Management and other members of the HR Business Partnering team to assist with the appropriate solutions.
- Advice, support and coach First Line Management and employees in matters relating to HR best practice.
- Providing credible employment law advice in line with best practice and policy.
- Provide ER support and guidance for first line management and employees in matters relating to absence management, performance management and Disciplinary, grievance and employee disputes.
- Support HRBP’s where required in projects and business initiatives to enhance the employee experience.
- Identify areas of development within the team and where appropriate deliver coaching and training in HR activity to support line management and employees.
- Role model for Babcock Purpose and Principles.
An ideal HR Advisor will:
- Work closely with the business to ensure that individual solutions are found on ER matters.
- Be a natural communicator and adept at influencing, forging relationships across the business area to allow meaningful and effective collaboration.
- Be agile to work cross functionally in collaboration with HR advisors, HRBP’s and Senior HRBP’s where required.
- Be seen as a credible advisor for employment matters.
- Identify areas of opportunity in business units and work with HRBP’s to provide solutions
- Be operationally engaged, to assist with the continued enhancement of the employee experience.
- They will assist Line Management in ensuring people deliver outstanding performance and development locally.
- Assist the Business Partnering team on ad hoc duties.
- Support in the delivery of coaching and training and business initiatives where required
- We value difference and don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and impact. You will need to demonstrate.
- Experience of Employee Relations advice and employment law guidance.
- Experience of interpretation and implementation of corporate policies.