About The Role:
The Parts Planning Manager is responsible for leading, planning and developing the end-to-end supply chain; S&OP adherence and inventory/stock management. Managing data efficiently and effectively is pivotal to making the business a success and enabling a scaling of the business quickly. As such the company is making large investments on a world class end to end ERP system. A key responsibility for this hands on role will be to Direct the development, execution, and continuous improvement of demand planning strategy including regular reviews of replenishment triggers, configuration management and vehicle fleet changes
- Develop, implement, and oversee the policies and procedures, for Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Capacity Planning to align with Global Operations and Business Unit leadership
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve service, minimize supply chain costs, and optimize working capital
- Provide logistics and planning leadership to product lifecycle management for assigned business units
- Collaborate with the stakeholders across the business to insure alignment and execution of activities to achieve objectives
- Provide leadership to establish and embed processes, procedures and tools related to new business processes
- Lead strategic initiatives for all planning activities for assigned business units, working closely with planning teams at all manufacturing locations and distribution centres’
The successful candidate for this Parts Planning Lead position based at Park Royal or Rainham, will have a strong background in production, supply and capacity planning. You will have exposure to an end-to-end supply chain fleet maintenance business and have demonstrable achievements within a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of configuration management areas such as Change Control, Document Control, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Product Data Management (PDM) applications
- Experience of a manufacturing environment with understanding of bill of materials (BOMs)
- Ability to prioritise actions in order to transform current activities and outputs.
- A Hands on leader capable of forming policy whist also effecting the change.
- You will be a self-starter, driven and passionate about making improvements within supply chain. You will be a team player, with strong stakeholder management experience across multiple functions.
- Managerial/Supervisory Responsibility: Recruit, select, manage and develop employees, if applicable. Make decisions regarding hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, discipline, and any other changes of employee status
- Self-starter able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Detailed analysis of materials requirements across a fleet of vehicles, adjusting stock replenishments to maximise availability and contribute to minimising Vehicle off road.
- Management of the implementation of engineering change through the business through effective configuration management controls
- Participates in the transfer of new products from manufacturing into fleet maintenance
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Maintaining accurate and required Stock levels for parts and repairs
- Reviewing and adjusting stock replenishment levels as required to meet business requirements
- RRSA (Analysis reports on Runner, Repeater, Stranger and Alien parts (RRSA))
Configuration Identification (CI): consists of setting and maintaining baselines, which define the system or subsystem architecture, components, and any developments at any point in time. It is the basis by which changes to any part of a system are identified, documented and later tracked through design, development, testing, and final delivery. CI incrementally establishes and maintains the definitive current basis for Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) of a system and its configuration items (CIs) throughout their lifecycle (development, production, deployment, and operational support) until disposal.
Configuration Control: includes the evaluation of all change-requests and change-proposals, and their subsequent approval or disapproval. It covers the process of controlling modifications to the system's design, hardware, firmware, software, and documentation.
Configuration Status Accounting: includes the process of recording and reporting configuration item descriptions (e.g., hardware, software, firmware, etc.) and all departures from the baseline during design and production. In the event of suspected problems, the verification of baseline configuration and approved modifications can be quickly determined.
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory system demands.
- Management of controls for commodity suppliers and consumable suppliers to the shop floor.
- Configuration management policy creation and implementation
- Inventory management policy creation and implementation
- to include perpetual inventory cycle counting
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong understanding of Planning and planning systems
- Strong understanding of configuration Management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer focused
- Microsoft Office Capable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong Change Management skills
- Open Minded
- Strategic mind-set
- Organizational savvy
- Global mind-set
- Strong Communication, team work and presentation skills
- Proven ability to drive successful inventory/working capital strategies, lead time responsiveness and customer service levels
- In-depth knowledge of end to end Supply Chain
- Organizational capability to sustain results through systems
- Strong financial acumen
- S&OP Knowledge
- SAP Knowledge
- Strong Planning and Forecasting background
- Configuration Management back ground
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives with measurable results
- Demonstrated leadership with ability to effectively interact and influence personnel of various levels and disciplines
- Global Supply chain - Inco terms literate
- Significant experience with ERP and reporting tools required, SAP preferred
- Relevant senior demand planning experience
- Experience with enterprise system deployment (SAP)