About the role:
- The Procurement Specialist will ensure that purchase orders are fit for purpose and satisfy all of the business demands and scope for their category / commodity(s).
- The key accountabilities of the role are:
- Identify potential new suppliers, to create additional competitiveness and market tension within their Category / commodity(s)
- Developing and writing Procurement Strategies
- Developing and issuing Invitations to Tender
- Analyzing tender returns
- Determine the style of order / contract that will best deliver the value for the business, placing Orders and agreeing Terms and Conditions
- Ensure that all Purchase orders and Contracts allocated are placed in accordance with business DOA and work within defined business processes.
- Compiling and issuing Contracts.
- Confidence and logic to challenge scope or specification to eliminate cost and achieve value.
- Making savings through negotiation and / or sourcing from alternative suppliers or product
- Establish an understanding of the market for the category / commodity(s) allocated to them and leading supplier's in that market.
- Ensuring on time delivery
- Leading Supplier Performance meetings
- The successful candidate will have:
- HND/HNC or equivalent relevant procurement experience
- Previous purchasing experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate delivery of cost savings and value
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS office tools
- Good financial awareness of cost drivers within the supply chain
- Good working understanding of quality standards & legislation would be an advantage
- An operational procurement understanding of NEC3 suite of contracts
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels across the businesses
- Experience within Construction and Facilities Management Category / Commodity(s).
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent rate neg