About our Client:
Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas and science & research industries. Their expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by their highly trained and committed workforce who have a wide range of specialist skills and knowledge. Nuvia is currently recruiting to deliver their live projects and future projects in the nuclear engineering arena.
Project Quality Advisor Overview:
A quality professional with knowledge and experience in the delivery of projects in a highly regulated industry. Working as part of multiple project delivery teams and developing under the leadership of a Project Quality Lead, this role will contribute to achieving outstanding levels of customer satisfaction by:-
“Understanding the scope and objectives of each project and maintaining project team and supply chain awareness of contract quality requirements and the risks and opportunities associated with meeting applicable client, regulatory and legal requirements, and stakeholder expectations”
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement or good practice within the project context, or your specific area of responsibility. Communicate these with the Regional Quality Lead to ensure alignment with the regional strategies and business plans.
Knowledge, Improvement, Innovation & Learning
- Support project learning From Experience (LFE) sessions.
- Support the identification and communication of key ‘Lessons to be Learned’
- Active contributor to the Quality Advisor Knowledge Community, sharing lessons to be learned and good practice.
- Coordinate the receipt and distribution of supplier document submissions
- Understand and communicate project quality resource requirements to Quality Team Manager.
- When engaging the manufacturing supply chain work with nominated Inspector to identify and support coordination of Inspection resource requirements
- Support Supplier induction and communication of contract quality requirements
- Improve quality awareness within both the project team and supply chain, increasing appreciation of what quality is and how it is achieved within a project environment.
- Maintain own Capability Development Plan in line with CQI Competence Framework
- Support planning for Quality at a project level
- Work with the project team and stakeholders to analyse and review risks and opportunities throughout the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning aspects of the project
- Liaising with QC inspection where necessary to minimise risks and maximise opportunities
- Support and contribute to the production of defined quality documentation and deliverables in line with the agreed specifications and standards
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of visits to appropriate personnel highlighting risks and opportunities which may impact project performance
- Support the identification of project Stakeholders and their requirements
- Support the development of the right working environment for the project by adopting collaborative working behaviours (in accordance with BS11000) with project stakeholders
- Build positive relationships between the main client and sub-contractors to ensure the work is delivered in a safe and timely manner
- Active contributor to external quality forums and events e.g. CQI Next Generation Network and Branch Events
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes…
- Previous experience working within a quality, engineering function is desirable
- Attention to Detail
- A strong working knowledge of QMS systems
- Competent in Risk Management and thought leadership
- Previous site based experience
- Flexibility in working hours to meet frequent demand of the role
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working alongside the client with strong stakeholder management skills
For this specific opportunity, the following attributes are desirable:
- Relevant Qualifications in relation to the position
- A member of the institute of Quality professionals