- Managing a robust Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Formulating and managing the further development and implementation of KPI's, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality & Environmental systems and ensuring they align with the Company’s overall Integrated Management System.
- Developing strong relationship across the company to ensure policies and requirements can be implemented into the day-to-day business.
- Ensuring consistency of Quality and Environmental standards across the sites and offices.
- Maintaining and improving on the company's ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications and identifying any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company.
- Managing a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and the Company’s objectives.
- Developing existing Quality Plan and Waste Management templates where required and updating staff on developments.
- Carrying out site visits and inspection reports relating to the Environmental and Quality performance of the company and reporting to Senior Management.
- Liaising and effectively communicating with regulatory bodies (EPA, County Councils, External Auditors etc), to ensure good working relations are maintained and continued compliance and reporting are achieved.
- Providing reports and feedback to Senior Management.
- Supplying feedback and input on processes and KPI’s for the submission of PQQ’s and tenders when required.
- Document control for Environmental topics related to on-going projects (including waste generation estimates, waste disposal logs etc).
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in construction.
- A third level qualification in engineering or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of ISO and Environmental regulations and legislation.
- Strong evidence of delivering results and continuous improvement initiatives in both Quality and Environment aspects.
- Hands-on, able to work in detail with the ability to take a strategic overview.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training when required.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to BCL sites.
- Self-motivated and approachable with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Full time, permanent position