This role delivers software input to projects to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives with minimal managerial support.
- To work safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements.
- To deliver the software input to services, tasks and projects, including post installation support or third line technical support as required.
- Liaison with other Physics/Project Team Members to develop ideas and co-ordinate input to projects.
- Support business winning including maintaining customer relationships, developing opportunities and proposal preparation.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise inputs to different projects (personal time and contribution)
- Promote effective contribution across teams.
- Co-ordinate and lead technical contributions to projects, working with colleagues.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities, including ensuring that version and configuration control is maintained.
- Produce, review and verify outputs including: calculations, analysis results, reports, specifications and method statements.
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost.
- Capture and report learning from experience during and post task delivery.
- Support Cavendish Nuclear promotion activities by preparing and delivering presentations and prepare and present technical papers. Use knowledge to identify opportunities.
- Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practice, promote a culture of best practice.
- Works independently with limited technical direction.
- Leading Self: Is a role model, demonstrating Cavendish principles, promoting health, safety and wellbeing, respect and inclusion.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical discipline
- Technical background preferably in software or associated discipline.
- Experience delivering systems and software engineering solutions to radiometric instrumentation development and service applications to nuclear sector customers with the minimum of supervision
- Ideally with experience of using Sparx Enterprise Architect CASE tool
- Familiarity with design patterns, tiered architectures, UML
- C#, .NET and .NET Core
- ASP.NET, MVC, ASP.Net Core
- Visual C++, COM, MFC
- SQL and MS SQL Server, Reporting Services – some Oracle familiarity would be nice to have too
- Unit test frameworks for the languages/environments above
- Coverage tool familiarity
- Familiar with formal version management systems
- Ideally with experience with Git version control tool