Our client consults, designs, builds and supports a range of control & communication systems within the transport industry (think; air, rail, road, port and automation).
As a growing business, our client is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join their team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of interesting, progressive and often unique proposals for internationally recognised clients. This role would suit someone who already has experience of working in engineering bid teams and is looking to develop into a bid management role.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will have the support of the Sales Director as well as our technical sales manager and sales engineers while undertaking the lifecycle of the bidding process. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, innovative, customer focused and have a ‘can do’ attitude. Ideally you should be an experienced manager, able to motivate and inspire others; able to produce a high level of work and ensure all deadlines are met efficiently and that the bid is of the highest possible standard.
Career development and progression is a key factor in this role and we are looking for candidates who already have or would like to work towards a professional industry qualification.
Key Responsibilities – Including but not limited to:
- Being an active member of the sales team and contributing to bid/no-bid reviews
- Devising a successful strategy for winning a bid
- Experienced with the production, review and management of SQQs, PQQs and ITTs.
- Researching, writing and/or checking proposals
- Working with key members of the project team and the clients organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid
- Assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks relating to the bid you are working on
- Negotiating with specialist suppliers and/or subcontractors
- Researching current and future market trends
- Responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted
- Putting together a team to oversee the bid
- Overseeing the team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met
- If the bid is successful, briefing the teams who will carry out the project work
A relevant degree related to the engineering sector is preferred but not essential (eg. construction management, engineering, quantity surveying, electronic engineering, software engineering, computer science or business management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Deadline driven
- Relationship-building and influencing skills
- Experience in the engineering sector and a willingness to keep up to date with industry trends, regulations and legislation
- Commercially minded
- Good team working skills
- High attention to detail
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- A chance to join a well-established and highly functional sales team
- To work on bids ranging from a few thousands to a few million
- To make a difference to the way people travel in the UK
- The chance to gain experience through the entire sales lifecycle
- Career development and progression is a key factor in this role and we are looking for candidates who already have or would like to work towards a professional industry