About the role:
- The post holder will be responsible for reviewing and processing all invoices, propose settlements and master vendor in an accurate and timely manner according to internal controls and accounting requirements for 4 legal entities in the REP SAP system, ensuring invoices are settled in line with agreed credit terms. Additionally, act as mentor and trainer to other team members.
- Review and process purchase invoices for the appropriate legal entities, ensuring the integrity of the AP process and that all invoices have approved purchase orders and are within the authorised financial limits and delegations of authority.
- Review the VAT, duty and intrastat status of invoices. Working to support the indirect tax team to ensure that HMRC requirements are met in full and in line with legislation.
- Respond and resolve issues with vendors in respect of non-processing and non payment of invoices, become the key contact with the vendor, liaise with internal stakeholders to ascertain reasons for non-receipt of the PO in order to progress the status of the invoice. Responsible for the resolution of unallocated cash payments.
- Manage the Construction Industry Scheme on behalf of PMSL, this involves ensuring that all vendors are properly assessed in terms of the scheme, appropriate deductions are applied accurately and liaising directly with HMRC to ensure proper management of the scheme.
- Process, review and recommend the bi-weekly payment schedule to the Financial Control Team Leader This is important in terms of both the business reputation and in ensuring that we maximise cash flow and ensure accuracy in terms of cash forecasting and treasury funding.
- Review and recommend changes to vendor master data in terms of bank account amendments, change of company name requests and creation of new vendors. Ensuring that all details are accurate in terms of requests from what can be numerous group companies, company takeovers and businesses going into administration or liquidation, as well as several more scenarios.
- Assist with statutory audit deliverables as required.
What you will need?
- In the current environment of constant attempted fraud, it is essential that the role holder has an excellent understanding of the P2P process and is aware and vigilant at all times about potential fraud attempts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to specified deadlines whilst supporting team members.
- Proven experience of working in a high volume Accounts Payable role within a multinational organisation and SAP experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work on your initiative.
- Effective team working skills.
- MS Excel skills - intermediate/advanced.
- Account reconciliation and deep analysis.
- Process led with experience of following purchase order workflows.