About the Role:
The Assistant Project Manager is be expected to apply the central project management competencies to a sufficient level. They are unlikely to have full-delegated accountability for project financial, commercial and resource decision-making but may apply these aspects under varying levels of supervision and/or sub project delegation.
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project-reporting data on Project Controls and Finance systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- Application of core project management techniques
- Ideally recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Ideally awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Awareness of Engineering principles and common project challenges
- A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
- APM Project Management Qualification