About The Role:
The Assistant Project Manager is be expected to apply the central project management competencies to a sufficient level. They are unlikely to have full-delegated accountability for project financial, commercial and resource decision-making but may apply these aspects under varying levels of supervision and/or sub project delegation.
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project-reporting data on Project Controls and Finance systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure that the design and associated safety cases meet the work package programme and is correctly interpreted with the minimum of change, whilst remaining fit for purpose.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaise with sub-contractor and Project Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on the project Document Management System.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction purposes.
- To act as the project archivist by liaison with the Document Control section in the maintenance of listings of appropriate project documents.
- HND in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
- APM Project Management Qualification (preferred)
- Risk Assessor Training
- Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.