About the role:
The CDM Coordinator will be responsible for the coordinator of all CDM activities, within the project’s engineering function and ensuring that the Designer obligations under CDM 2015 are met. This includes:
- Assessment of the competency of Designer organisations and personnel on the project, which shall include subcontractor organisations.
- Identify and support the application of any UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Liaise with project functions to ensure information is exchanged and responsibilities understood.
- Attend Design reviews, respond to CDM technical queries, review reports and act as CDM SME for a multi-discipline design team.
- Ensure adequate Pre-Construction Information is provided and shared with Sub-Contractors.
- Support the Engineering delivery teams in providing sufficient information to the Construction team, and vice versa.
- Ensure that the existing processes required for the CDM related activities continue to be robust for detail design through to eventual handover of the plant for active operations.
- Coordinate and monitor the production of the Health and Safety file(s), Design Risk Management and the Residual Risk Register.
- Support Duty Holders and the delivery teams in their CDM duties and in the provision of the required information, to ensure the design delivery teams provide a legal, technically acceptable and consistent design that meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Acting as the technical authority for CDM in the event of discrepancies, inconsistencies and conflict in the technical definition and delivery; so that design solutions are fit for purpose, integrated and satisfy the requirements of CDM.
- Liaison with the Client, the Principal Designer, Principle Contractor to support the engineering delivery team.
- Ensure, as part of the engineering leadership team, that the highest standard of safety behaviours and values on the project, are known, observed, implemented and practiced for all roles.
Requirements for the role:
- Must have previous experience in a similar role
- Professional Engineer, ideally chartered status.
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation.
- CDM 2015 Regulations experience.
- NCRQ/NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.