Supporting the Head of commercial, the Commercial Lead is critical to the success of the framework, interacting collaboratively across all portfolio projects, partners and the client organisation to support the delivery of innovation and change in Engineering, Safety and Delivery on one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK.
The role will appeal to individuals who are seeking an opportunity to support a major UK organisation through a truly transformational period in its history; making it, and the strategic assets for which it is accountable and responsible, fit for our generation and for those of the future.
Supporting the lead team in developing and delivering the vision, strategy, business plans and collaborative management plans, the Commercial Lead will:
- Be the primary point of contact to the Intelligent Client (IC) Commercial team and other partner commercial leads
- Ensure the commercial interests are well managed through the establishment of processes and culture including effective change control of the Major Project Baseline, delivery of KPI’s and setting of targets and objectives in a timely manner.
- Act as part of the leadership team to ensure the success of the team, leading on the commercial awareness training and embodying the contract in day to day operations
- Driving progressive improvement in the effective application of the model, across the partnership and in ensuring the understanding of this within the wider business.
- Support the avoidance of disallowed costs through support to the Cost and Profit team and through commercial negotiation with the client on areas of contention and on the interpretation of the contract as a practicable day to day working document.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with the customer, partners and within specific projects
- Provide line management of commercial resources within the framework
- Develop and implement the Commercial strategy to create value for money and safeguard commercial interests as the overall project grows
- Support the delivery of financial targets for the business area (revenue, profit and staff utilisation) through the defence of commercial interests
- Monitoring of end life forecast on all projects within the portfolio to ensure operating profit is maintained, commercial issues and risks are identified, and appropriate mitigating strategies developed
- Ensure the preparation and negotiation of variations, contract amendment, claims, EWN and addressing the consequence of ECI;
- Ensuring all relevant records are kept as appropriate, monitor and maintain project documentation records and registers to ensure compliance with client and Jacobs policies, procedures and expectations
You will need:
- Membership of a relevant professional body, for example MCIPS, MRICS or MCIOB
- Degree educated in Commercial management or other relevant qualification.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required along with good negotiation and analytical skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Extensive working knowledge of the NEC, FIDIC forms of contract
- Comprehensive pre and post contract knowledge.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, contract documentation preparation and contract administration.
- Exceptional commercial awareness.
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading benefits package
- Hybrid working