About the role
- Work alongside line managers to implement and embed the strategic HR agenda for the business area of responsibility, focused on long term strategic business aims and capability requirements. Provide HR expertise to the business and address all associated people matters in accordance with best practice methodology, internal compliance and legal requirements.
- Provide input into the line of business people strategy, implement and embed across business area of responsibility, along with business unit and sector strategic HR initiatives for consistency of approach.
• Act as champion in communicating and embedding HR strategy, initiatives, policies and procedures across business area of responsibility, business unit or sector, interfacing with other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Provide input to the design of HR policy, programmes, projects, methodologies and solutions in support of business’ projects for greater co-ordination and consistency of approach (may be line of business, business unit or sector specific and country wide or global).
• Support the execution of HR policy, change programmes, strategic HR initiatives and projects across business area of responsibility (e.g. restructures, people transitions, performance management, employee opinion surveys, talent programmes, management development, succession planning etc.) (may be line of business, business unit or sector specific and country wide or global).
- The list above is not exhaustive a full job description is available upon request
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Member CIPD qualified.
- Significant generalist HR experience, demonstrating proficiency in above accountability's.
- Proven track record of delivering significant contribution to business strategy, and to implementing and embedding HR strategies in large and complex organisations.
- Proven success in supporting large-scale projects and complex change initiatives using appropriate methodologies.
- Considerable experience in supporting line managers in disciplinary, grievance and welfare case management and in preparing and presenting at employment tribunals, and in developing line management capability in same.
Whats in it for you
- An opportunity to join a leading nuclear company in a highly regulated indusrty and an opportunity to help with the success of the company
- An initial 6 month contract
- Good hourly rate and weekly pay