Purpose of Job:
- The HSEQ Manager will need to support the business with its legal obligations as well as continual improvements regarding health, safety, environmental and quality by ensuring conformance and inputting into the Business Integrated Management System, (IMS).
- The candidate will prepare the pre-operational documentation and organisation for Earls Gate at head office before committing to the Earls gate site, in Scotland.
- Full Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policy is fully implemented; and always conformed to across the site. This will include following the requirements stipulated by the integrated management system certified to ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015 and 45001:2018.
- Perform all reporting, monitoring, and testing requirements relating to quality, environment and health and safety and ensure compliance with the O&M contractual requirements and SEPA Permit.
- Being an integral part of the HSEQ team, promote and support conformance to the business Integrated Management System, (IMS) which includes COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) and SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) requirements.
- Work with the HSEQ team to identify and analyse both recurring and unique issues and advise and provide guidance and solutions to the plant management team.
- Directly involved in preparing the Construction Phase Plan (outage planning) and on-site field support during the annual outages.
- Monitor through inspections, audits and safety tours the effectiveness of the HSEQ management system and make recommendations to improve safety procedures and work practices when required.
- Ensure / participate all statutory inspections required are completed and records are accurate and up to date.
Qualifications and capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in waste to energy, construction and civil engineering would be of advantage to the post holder.
- A full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel/overnight etc which will be a regular part of the job.
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience in Health, Safety and Environmental, Quality Management Systems and relevant legislation.
- A strong background working in the energy from waste / power/ chemical / construction or civil engineering sector.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regs 2015
- Educated in degree level or similar in relevant disciplines (Sciences, Engineering, and Environmental etc.) and/or
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate, NCRQ Certificate and Diplomas, or NVQ (level 4 or 5) equivalent.
- Competent with using IT, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Salary Neg
- Full company benefits including bonus share and Pension