NRL’s client based in Grangemouth is looking to recruit an Learning & Development Adviser on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Reporting to the HR & L&D Team Leader, you will work closely with a small team of multi-disciplined L&D and HR professionals to support the delivery of the L&D Service to the Refinery. You will be responsible for training design, delivery and evaluation as well as providing consistent advice and guidance to your designated customer groups, whilst supporting the delivery of the site competence framework.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building positive relationships with direct and indirect stakeholders, helping to embed effective and consistent ways of working across the Refinery.
- Designing, developing and delivering L&D initiatives in support of the L&D strategy.
- Design and develop quality learning content, materials and resources, including e-learning.
- Provide specialist advice on learning and development, identifying mandatory training and development which supports the competence framework.
- Set priorities for training needs to ensure the business reaches the targets for the training year.
- Work collaboratively with SMEs to develop and implement Competence Matrices which deliver the core competence required for each job role from an HSE, legislative and technical perspective, in line with COMAH regulations.
- Design training profiles for all roles in support of the site competence framework.
- Review the training which is currently offered within the Company and ensure it is fit for purpose, including induction and e-learning packages.
- Conduct learning evaluations, ensuring that they are appropriately timed to measure business impact, quality of training and feed the continual improvement of the service and business needs.
- Work with the HR team to design and deliver training on people related policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and delivery of the Graduate, Intern and Apprenticeship framework. Supporting managers and participants through the program, to achieve development and coaching objectives; including the assessment and verification of SVQs.
- Analyse and provide monthly training metrics to demonstrate teams competency, compliance and progress towards the delivery of the L&D Strategy
- Responsible for contributing to the identification, testing and implementation of L&D service improvements.
- To be a strong fit for the role you will be or have recently been working as an L&D Adviser, ideally, in a manufacturing/COMAH environment. You will have experience of assessing operational/maintenance in your current or previous roles and be able to work with a degree of autonomy. You will be someone who can hit the ground running, is able to manage a diverse portfolio of activities, work at pace and deal with changing priorities.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a formal training/L&D qualification.
- Experience in designing, delivering and evaluating training events, ideally on a manufacturing or COMAH environment in a recent appointment.
- Assessor qualified L&D9D1 (D32/D33 or A1/A2 qualifications acceptable) with ability to demonstrate its recent application in a work environment.
- Demonstrable experience of assessing in a technical manufacturing environment i.e. maintenance/operations skills.
- Working knowledge of accredited learning/assessment procedures and apprenticeships
- Training coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to analyse complex information and turn in to meaningful reports
- Experience in facilitating group events
- Strong IT skills to include all Microsoft packages with recent experience of Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a small dynamic team in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong customer focus in demand–driven environment.
- Verifier qualified L&D11 (D34 or V1 qualifications acceptable) with ability to demonstrate its recent application in a work environment.
- Experience in procuring training and managing external training providers.
- Able to formulate short, medium and long-term training plans in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Broad specialist knowledge of L&D trends and good practice.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme with generous terms.
- Treat yourself with our employee discount scheme.
- Year-round cycle-to-work scheme available.
- Free on-site parking
- Staff restaurant
- Agile working