The position is a NEW STAFF position.
NB Candidates MUST have a proven track record in similar role.
About the job:
- To manage the operation of the Waste to Energy Plant and to ensure conformance of all workers in relation to this as well as; legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment assurance standards, Health and Safety, work in accordance with permit to operate under SEPA regulations, Company policies, and client Safe working practices.
- Team Leaders/Deputy Team Leaders/Plant Operators/Plant Attendants/Maintenance staff (in the absence of the Maintenance Manager). In the absence of the Plant Director and Maintenance
- Manager to take full responsibility for all aspects of the plant.
- What you will need:
- Manage and control the efficient disposal of waste delivered onsite, while ensuring the reliable and economic generation of steam and electricity.
- Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment standards, health and safety, PPC permit requirements, Company policies, and all Safe working practices for the Back-up Boiler (BuB) and the Waste to Energy Plant (WtE) and in accordance with the site regulation for the rest of the erection site.
- Monitor and control the quality and quantity of waste coming into the plant with Team Leaders for compliance to procedures and ensure each vehicle (waste, chemical etc) is weighed upon arrival and departure.
- Manage personnel to fulfil the timely execution of recording, daily and ad hoc reporting, tests and tasks and CMMS.
- Planning and performance of all operational activities necessary to conform to statutory requirements. Delegate this responsibility to Team Leaders while having regular input through daily communications with the control room.
- Ensuring that the plant staff correctly monitor all emissions and environmental impacts and are aware of their duties and responsibilities towards health/safety and the environment.
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of any emissions / incidents and implement any corrective or preventative action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Proactive review of all responsive and corrective operational activities to identify repetitive issues and propose longer-term measures and solutions where necessary.
- Liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Ensure and notify the Fuel Suppliers of the Fuel Delivery requirements forecasting.
- Ensure production and consumption forecasting (Electricity, gas, Ash product...). To participate in the COMAH test drill and implement any required follow-up actions or measures for improvement following COMAH tests and drills conducted at the Site within the time period agreed between the parties.
- Ensure to hold the Facility open for the receipt of Fuel during the specified opening hours, except as a result of a Force Majeure event.
- Ensure that all data reporting on planned and unplanned daily events is recorded correctly, promptly and dealt with by appropriate persons within the required time scales.
- Ensure that the daily cleaning on the external parts of the site and the internal tipping hall area keep the external areas of the Site in a clean and tidy condition in accordance with Grade B standard (such grade as described in the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse (Scotland) 2018).
- Ensure that the weighbridge is fully functional and is calibrated when required and including producing weighbridge reports as necessary.
- Organise the removal of by-products from the plant i.e. unacceptable waste, fly ash, bottom ash and other effluents and residues, while overseeing that plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Updating of Plant Operating Instructions, and Risk Assessments and issue instructions to staff.
- To supervise, control, support and motivate staff within the team.
- Participate in the preparation, planning and execution of the annual outage and any unplanned shutdowns.
- Actively participate in yearly forecasting and annual maintenance and lifecycle plans.
- Produce and send monthly and weekly Forecast reports, and shut down reports to the Project Co.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained and competent in the performance of their duties by utilising the T100 system and ensuring attendance to all planned training.
- Regular review of competence of all members of the team and to identify relevant training needs.
- Development of clearly defined procedures for all programmed activities and review where necessary to account of changes in operating systems and equipment.
- Develop and establish clear procedures, instructions and method statements of all operational activities.
- FULL JD Available
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Salary
- Full company package and long-term secure appointment