Contract Min 12 Months
About the role:
- Project (IT) Finance Manager
- The Customer business is engaged in a transformation programme ranging from the core customer platform to investment in Digital capabilities & beyond.
- The Project Finance Manager is a key enabler of this strategic priority. The Project Finance Manage will be a pivotal role embedded within the Customer PMO, reporting into the Portfolio Manager.
- As Project Finance Manager, you will support all aspects of Project and Programme delivery from Business Case evaluation, through implementation & delivery, to project closure and post implementation review, ensuring strong project controls and assessment of Business Benefits throughout.
- Supporting Business Case evaluation, liaising with Finance to confirm accounting treatment, highlight and evaluate impacts on existing assets, reviewing cost and benefits projections, supporting the required updates to the financial planning process
- Supporting project set-up, and cost control framework for effective tracking of costs throughout project and programme delivery. Ensure all internal and external costs are reflected in Oracle Project Accounting as they are committed and incurred.
- During delivery, supporting Project and Programme Managers with regular assessment of actual and committed costs, internal and external changes, supporting regular evaluation of the remaining forecast spend and total cost out-turn.
- Supporting assessment of all early warning indicators of cost overruns versus the approved budget, support Project and Programme Managers with identification of remedial actions to reduce costs and escalation of matters of concern to the PMO and Programme Board.
- Supporting effective month-end reporting of actual performance versus the fiscal year budget, working with the Project and Programme Managers to provide insightful analysis of variances and changes to timing of spend.
- To be successful you will be a Qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE & knowledge of project accounting processes. You'll have a strong background in Project Controls within a project delivery framework and experience of effective project controls and project cost accounting for large IT transformation programmes in a large organisation.
- You should also have:
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance Framework related to IT Projects and Programmes - Knowledge of Oracle Project Accounting Module (desirable)
- Excellent Contract rate Neg
- Min 12 month contract hire