I have a great opportunity for experienced or graduate Project Managers to work in a healthcare environment, based at a Hospital in Manchester. This is a permanent position with our client and the primary focus of the works is to deliver asset replacement works (lifecycle delivery).
- Manage the complete delivery of lifecycle and variation projects across the hospital complex to high standards and hold responsibility for the budgeting and programming.
- Act as the key point of contact for the project(s) liaising with the client project managers, stakeholders and operational colleagues in relation to project activity
- Manage all phases of the project, from instruction to close out, to meet all contractual requirements.
- Manage designated projects to meet company objectives post-contract with an input into pre-contract requirements emphasising customer care and business excellence.
- Ensure projects are safely delivered on time, to budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures. Manage the implementation of designated projects. Ensure the project plan is maintained from inception to completion.
- Monitoring and communicating project financial performance and administration for all assigned projects. Liaising with the Project Coordinator and Finance Business Partner to ensure accuracy
- Oversee the co-ordination of operatives, subcontractors and suppliers in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency and minimising costs.
- Proven background in Healthcare FM project delivery, experience of the PFI environment is desirable.
- CDM awareness of Principal Designer responsibilities and experience working as a Principal Contractor
- Considerable experience operating in the public and/or private sector with a demonstrable track record of directly managing small works within large and complex estates is essential.
- A strong project manager, who will have the ability to successfully lead, motivate and manage the subcontract teams
- Have strong commercial awareness particularly in respect of contract management.
- Ability to show understanding of Local Authority legislation, Planning Applications, Fire and Building Regulations Approvals, HBNs and HTMs. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of building and engineering services design and associated British Standards
- High level of verbal, written and numeric skills and must be computer literate. A sound knowledge of standard spreadsheet packages and computerised estates and project management systems.
- Must be able to manage people, be self-motivating, able to work on own initiative, liaise and delegate effectively with staff operating in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements will be required.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
- A formal qualification in project management, or HNC /HND or equivalent qualification in a building or engineering discipline
- IHEEM or similar membership is preferable
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualification preferable
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels including producing specific project reports.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software essential, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Project and SharePoint.
- Considerable experience operating in the public and/or private sector with a demonstrable track record of directly managing small works within a large and complex estate is essential.
- Competitive salary
- Permanent Opportunity
- ASAP Start
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.