About the Company
They are a group of building service engineers who specialise in all aspects of critical facility engineering, Thus being well suited to the Data Centre & Telecommunications sector across Europe. They offer a broad range of services from design and optimisation through to new build facilities.
The company is 100% privately owned and everyone reports directly into the Operations Director. They pride themselves on their culture of No red tape, or micro-management, giving their staff the autonomy to promote from within. They're looking for like minded entrepreneurs with innovative ideas, loyal, career hungry individuals who want to grow with the business.
You will take responsibility for leading all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining agreed QHSE and other operating standards across the Business.
Working as part of an integrated team linking with Directors, Operational Heads of Departments, Project Management, Site Management, Site Teams and client representatives.
You will be office based at our Head Office in Gateshead with UK wide travel when required to visit sites.
- Assess the Policy & Procedural Content of overall Suitability of existing Systems and current implementation and make amendments where necessary, to ensure we have full set of compliant Policies, Standards and Procedures associated with the role deployed within the business.
- Identify and Assign all Management Responsibilities within the QHSE Department and where Responsibilities/Duties bridge the other Services Areas/Managers of the Business.
- Implement and embed all elements of the QHSE System/Elements (Duties) into the operational areas of the Business and with all Operatives.
- Responsible for the reviewing, approval and publishing of all Health & Safety documentation templates relating to Construction Phase Management Plans, Task RAMS and standard risk assessments (COSHH, Manual Handling etc used by the operations team)
- On Major Projects you will be instrumental in architecting and embedding the Construction Phase Management Plans for the site and attending site regularly for audits and Client facing meetings.
- Our current process identifies all key high-risk activities within a project which is tracked and managed centrally by the QHSE Manager with pre-approval required on the control measures to be deployed prior works being permitted.
- In Co-responsibility with the IT Director; determine a suitable Software Platform to provide an Overarching Management System which provides Procedural Workflow and Dashboard Reporting for all elements.
- Files (Construction Phase Management Plans & Task RAMS), the deployment of necessary Support Services i.e. Facilities and Signage and the Audits.
- You will be responsible for auditing a % of these tasks on site to ensure compliance with the approved control measures.
- Responsible for managing and implementing all QHSE Business functions including but not limited to: -
- Review, Implementation and Delivery of all Operational Policies
- Review, Implementation and Delivery of all Operational Standards
- All aspects of CDM Safety Management
- Standardisation of Sub-Contractor Compliance and Safety Management
- Business Training Management
- Ownership and Governance around all aspects of CDM Management and Planning
- Governance and Sign off of Construction Phase Management Plans
- Governance and Sign off of RAMS
- Sub-Contractor Health & Safety & Technical Competence
- Operative Site Safe Working Systems
- Project Delivery Safety Management
- Company safe working Audits
- Company Accreditation, ISO & PQQ’s
- Medium Term Management System Aspirations
Salary - £50,000 per annum
Car Allowance - £4,800 per annum (plus mileage)
Pension Contribution - 3%
Why work with NRL?
NRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above, or know someone who is, please either forward myself A recent CV apply directly through this link.
Alternatively if you would like further information please contact myself at the Sunderland Branch.