Our client is one of the largest turnkey E & C contractors in the Oil and Gas industry. With a strong bias towards oil and gas related activities in the world including remote areas and deep-water, it is a leader in the supply of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
Our client is based in South London and its core business is the installation of Offshore Oil and Gas platforms, Pipelines and Subsea Infrastructure.
To provide dedicated HR support to allocated customer groups, working with line managers and employees within these groups to proactively support the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Hold regular meetings with relevant managers to review and discuss any HR matters within their departments to ensure proactive HR support is available as required.
- Oversee and assist with the preparation of contracts of employment for payroll employees, Group Talents, UK and Overseas Expatriates. Keep up to date with developments in legislation and update contract clauses as required.
- Check and assist with the preparation of Work Orders for agency workers.
- Monitor and continuously review Company Work Instructions and update where necessary in line with changes in Company policy and UK legislation. Create new Work Instructions as required.
- Advise/answer questions from managers and staff on Company Work Instructions and policies.
- Assist and advise line managers on performance, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Become familiar with the Company Document Management System as a source of information on Corporate and Company documents, policies and organisation and promote knowledge of the system within the Company.
- Oversee the HR administration processes and ensure deadlines are met for:
- Monthly Reports (Agency workers, Emergency Response and Manpower)
- Renewal of Overseas and UK expatriate contracts
- Appraisal for new staff prior to expiration of their probationary period
- References (employment, mortgage, and tenancy)
- Monthly payroll documentation, salary advance memos, etc
- Obtaining work permits for UK and overseas expatriates on short and long-term assignments
- Become familiar with the Company private health care schemes, pension plans and insurance policies and the administrative requirements entailed for each.
- Ensure awareness and availability as required to support the Company Emergency Response activities as required.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the role of HR Advisor.
Technical Competencies and Skills:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organised with the ability to prioritize workload independently
- Previous experience of working in the oil and gas industry advantageous
- Ability to work collaboratively within in team environment.
Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or CIPD qualified or willing to work towards CIPD qualification