NRL’s client based in Watford is looking to recruit a Temporary Works Manager to join them on a permanent staff basis. Some travel will eb involved with this role.
About the role:
- Is responsible for the effective management of Temporary Works in the company Facilities. This role will provide oversight of all activities related to Temporary Works across the Facilities, ensuring compliance with the Group Standard: Control of Temporary Works. And will also be responsible for the development, implementation and review of Facilities Standard MSS35 Control of Temporary Works. Working in collaboration with the Technical Services Department in ensuring compliance with the requirements of BS5975:2019.
- An experienced Temporary Works Engineer with a thorough technical and practical understanding of Temporary Works design in construction and refurbishment Projects, having sound problem solving and design skills.
- Maintain ultimate control of the management of all Temporary Works.
- Ensure that any organisations that are employed in designing, carrying out and/or implementing Temporary Works have adequate Temporary Works procedures and are competent.
- Maintain Divisional Temporary Works Mandatory Safety Standard and all Divisional forms referenced within and ensure effective implementation and ongoing application across Facilities.
- Produce and maintain a schedule of Internal Audits to ensure that all projects in the division, that have Temporary Works elements, are audited against the Divisional procedures at least annually.
- Is accountable for the effective implementation of the Group Procedure: Control of Temporary Works and the ongoing compliance to that standard.
- Appoint Temporary Works Coordinators and Supervisors, in accordance with company & Divisional Standards.
- Manage the bespoke Temporary Works Training requirements for the Division, as agreed by the Engineering Director
- Deliver Temporary Works Awareness Training, as required.
- Review Project arrangements for effective allocation of technically competent organisations and resources, appropriate to the level of complexity of Temporary Works schemes on the Project.
- Liaise regularly with Engineering Director to ensure adequate implementation of his own functions within the division in regular meetings.
- Identify and communicate to Engineering Director Management Class 3 and 4 temporary works designs and coordinate unplanned interventions on site from Technical Services.
- Fulfil all other duties of the DDI as stated in BS 5975:2019
- Act as the Divisional Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all Temporary Works related issues, providing timely and competent advice.
- Define and solve engineering and design problems in collaboration with technical services.
- Lead the health and safety aspects of the preparation of Temporary Works design briefs.
- Have and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of BS 5975:2019 and best practice around the management and control of Temporary Works.
- Support the development of Temporary Works technical and practical application competence for Staff within the Division.
- Maintain own Continuing Professional Development.
What you will need?
- Experience - proven experience in the management of Temporary Works both in design and practical management
- Vetting- Should be able to pass SC vetting
- Professional Institution Membership- MCIOB or equivalent other related professional membership
- Qualification- Degree level qualification in engineering or a related subject.