What is the purpose of this role?
As one of our Operatives you will be a part of our team who are delivering essential highways services across Kent on behalf of Kent County Council.
You will support in all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclical maintenance, minor civil’s works and the installation of low-speed temporary traffic management. In addition, you will have the chance to be involved in Winter and emergency call out work.
What will the role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards.
- Attend project and work briefings as required.
- Participation in Winter maintenance operations including out of hours.
- Participation in Emergency call out operations including out of hours.
- To drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (EG oil and water checks etc) and cleaning.
- All aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, footway and carriageway patching, kerbing works, minor civil’s works, ironworks and drainage.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly completing the Checksafe App.
- Recording of Drivers hours.
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation including photographing works in line with operational requirements utilising a handheld tablet device.
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customer
- LGV licence and hold a CPC to enable driving duties in vehicles over 7.5 tonnes
- Experience or qualifications relating to a highway’s maintenance specialism
- Desirable qualifications
- NRSWA Operative but training will be provided
- Winter Maintenance Quals, City and Guilds
- Desirable experience
- Driving a range of multi-use vehicles and plant / applicable quals
- Delivering highways maintenance activities in a fast paced / multi-site environment