About the Company:
Our client is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry. Operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in radioactive waste management and decommissioning services. If you are looking to build your career in a developing and ambitious company, we would love to hear from you.
Outline of the role:
Our engineering personnel are called upon to help solve problems throughout the asset lifecycle, providing cost-effective solutions whilst ensuring regulatory compliance from concept through to decommissioning. This role would be ideally suited to an individual looking to further develop their skills across a broad base of project and asset management work.
We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility to approach problems as the post holder sees fit, and the implementation of changes to yield improvements in safety, quality and cost is encouraged.
We are looking for a chartered engineer and whilst relevant experience in the nuclear industry is preferred but not required we would like to speak to candidates with experience obtained in other heavy and regulated industries are welcome. You must be able to obtain the required security clearances.
Purpose of the Job:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, who is appointed as the Design Authority (DA), this role shall help ensure that both decommissioning projects and any new plant introduced to site meet their regulatory obligations. This shall be achieved via the means of the role holder being appointed a Design Authority Intelligent Customer (DAIC).
- The role holder shall underpin business cases for new plant by identifying and delivering engineering documentation for consumption by both internal and external stakeholders, including activities such as the selection of appropriate technology.
- The Lead Mechanical Engineer, although an SME in their discipline, is expected to deliver a broad multi-discipline view in the projects that they are assigned to. They shall act as a focal point for provision of engineering services and advise on interfaces to other disciplines such as Safety Case.
- The role holder shall deputise for the Engineering Manager when required. Such duties shall include chairing meetings, advising Engineering/Maintenance personnel on DA matters and holding financial delegations.
- There is also an expectation that this role shall directly contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes related to Engineering, support the Engineering Manager as required, conduct new business activities and assist in the development of junior engineers.
- Remuneration; the salary for this role is £58,457. Annual pay reviews are conducted.
- Bonus; The Company operates a generous £4,000 per annum Delivery Bonus to all employees. In addition you will be eligible for 5% based on performance and against personal targets.
- Pension Scheme; as an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme.
- Education & Training; we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development.
- Healthy Work-life Balance; The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement.
- Health & Wellbeing; Other employee benefits which you would be eligible to join as an employee include Private Medical Insurance scheme and Company Cycle scheme and childcare vouchers.
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester. We offer free parking and there is a subsidised canteen onsite too, there is a train station a stone’s throw away from site with frequent trains to Chester or the Wirral.