Contract Min 9 Months
About the role:
- Context Wind Farm Acoustics is a complex and specialist discipline.
- Wind farm related noise issues are becoming more challenging and are under increased scrutiny by local authorities, government bodies and the wider community. Noise management is required for the following areas:
- Planning Compliance Issues of Statutory Nuisance Issues 2 Proposed Scope
- The primary role of the individual is to manage operational noise compliance monitoring and complaints at several sites in Ireland and Northern Ireland initially.
- The candidate must therefore have a thorough understanding of the noise and wind energy industry. Local authority engagement in both jurisdictions will be expected as part of this role.
- The candidate will be responsible for:
- Scoping, design, and project management of all aspects of operational noise monitoring campaigns
- Operational noise monitoring data management, including interpretation of monitoring data, external reports, SCADA, SoDAR and LiDAR data cleaning, analysis, and management.
- Implementation of noise mitigation strategies that design out noise compliance and nuisance issues. Liaising with local authorities, landowners, residents, and other stakeholders as required
- Liaising with generation development on any new projects to ensure potential noise issues are mitigated up front.
- Managing external acoustic consultants if required The candidate will ideally be affiliated with the Institute of Acoustics or equivalent, and hold a relevant professional qualification with demonstrable experience in this field.
- Excellent Contract rate Neg
- Min 9 month contract hire