About the role:
- Undertake industry investigative and work to determine business needs, collate analyse industry best practices and trends to arrive at a recommended approach to solving Operational development issues in house.
- Identifying and develop solutions that meet the operational business requirements and are aligned to the project objectives, with business influencing where necessary encourage adoption operational recommendations.
- Ensuring high quality supporting documentation is in place.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships across all levels within the operations function and the wider business that can be leveraged to ensure the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Working with solution providers, technical and project teams to ensure that technical solutions are delivered to business requirements.
- Perform Business Analyst activities across the EWR operations department, from requirements gathering, route to market, implementation and realisation of the benefits of the suggested way of working
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes to recommend business and flow improvements
- Contribute to the strategy for improving the current ways of working, optimising business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programmes
- Work with project stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback relating to the identified services, functions or products throughout evaluation, design, and implementation
- Collect, understand, and document business requirements and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans, ensuring the organisation’s requirements are understood and delivered by suppliers
- Ensure plans are in place and processes are created to evaluate the impact of all changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and enhancing this area of work
- Use data to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes, identifying potential areas of automation in reengineering the underlying business processes
What you will need:
As Operations Analyst for the East West Rail scheme, you will be familiar with a railway operational environment
- Experience and knowledge of business change processes
- Experience in assessing and evaluating processes with strong competence in technical analysis and complex problem solving.
- The ability to deliver creative and innovative solutions to solve business problems whilst minimising cost impact.
- An ability to cope with fast paced environments, robust exchanges and multiple demands.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, able to clearly articulate concepts and ideas, challenge constructively and manage expectations.
- A 'can do' attitude, tenacity, drive, initiative and creativity.
- The ability to own multiple changes from inception, embrace challenge, develop from feedback and take personal ownership of delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a rail or transportation environment preferable but not essential.
- Long-term contract opportunity
- Opportunity to develop skills on a large infrastructure project
- Competitive hourly rates