Basic salary of £20-24k per annum depending on experience
We’re looking for someone with a great eye for detail to join our busy contractor payroll team, supporting our Recruitment business and contractor workforce.
The right person may already have payroll experience, although it is not essential as full training will be given. You’ll have proven excellent data entry and customer service skills though, to accurately deliver our weekly and monthly payroll service to over 2,000 workers in a timely and professional manner.
Who are NRL?
At NRL, our people play an integral role on major projects across a range of critical sectors including renewable energy, power generation and infrastructure. We’ve provided technical engineering recruitment and contracting services for over 35 years, and our success is down to the individuals in our regional branches and support office teams – working together to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
That’s why it’s important to us that every person is given the opportunity to grow and develop their capability. Our company values of care, openness, integrity, accountability, commerciality and professionalism guide us every day – and have transformed our small family-owned business into a multi-million pound award-winning organisation.
- Accurate and timely timesheet entry, handling data from a variety of sources and in varying formats
- Ensuring strict weekly deadlines are met
- Validating and processing expenses
- Conducting full checking procedures
- Payment file creation and checking
- Ownership of payroll queries from PAYE workers, Ltd Companies, Umbrella companies and CIS Workers
- Be a point of contact for NRL’s branch administrators, providing a high level of internal customer service
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to work across multiple systems
- Excellent, proven, high volume data entry and customer services skills
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication with all internal and external stakeholders
- Team player, proud to be part of the Group support office
A wealth of benefits
Just some of the benefits you will be able to access when you join the NRL Group include:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years continued service – with the option to purchase additional days each year
- Competitive pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan medical expense allowance
- Hybrid working environment (working from home and office)
- Working hours flexibility
- Long service awards
- Benefits platform including cycle to work scheme, paid charity days and life assurance