The primary purpose of the Project Engineer is to assist the Project Manager in the delivery of project scope.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure a plan of key activities and milestones is in place, which consistently represents the programme to be achieved for the package.
- Support the Project Manager / Package Manager in development, monitoring of progress.
- To ensure that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- To provide regular reports on progress, for inclusion in the project monthly report.
- To ensure that the work package construction proceeds in accordance with the Project programme whilst meeting the requirements of the Project quality goals and safety case requirements
- To ensure that the design and associated safety cases meet the work package programme and is correctly interpreted with the minimum of change, whilst remaining fit for purpose.
- To identify and manage specifically those areas that represent significant risk to the work package through proactive planning, i.e. interface management.
- To closely liaise with the required stakeholders to ensure all set to work, commissioning and operational requirements are identified without prejudicing the programme.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaising with sub-contractor and Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on CDMS.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction
- To act as the project archivist by liaison with the Document Control section in the maintenance of listings of appropriate project documents.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- HND (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
- Experience A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Project.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.