Senior CE&I / PES Engineers (Control Systems / Software Background)
* Long Term * New Projects * Excellent Rates * Career Opportunities
* Interesting & Challenging Workscope * Flexibility (work/life balance) * Quick Turnaround
Our client is one of the world’s largest providers of engineering, technical & professional services across a wide range of sectors, including nuclear & defence.
Available vacancies exist for Senior CE&I Engineers, PES Engineers, Control Systems / Software Engineers to support the nuclear design intelligent customer based in Cumbria, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of one of the most significant Nuclear facilities in the UK.
Key skills / attributes:
- Degree or HNC Qualified within CE&I / Systems / Software engineering combined with relevant experience.
- Strong background in Programmable Electronic Systems / Control Systems and associated Software Engineering.
- High level knowledge of UK Nuclear Legislation & Regulations.
- Experience in preparing or modifying the following documents:
- User Requirements Specifications (URS), Basis of Design, Control System Specifications, Functional Definition Specifications.
- PES Lifecycle Documentation i.e. URS, SIDs (Sequence Interaction Design)
- Managing & Interfacing experience with Sub-Contractors on PES delivery
- Modifications of control system documentation including CONCISE for each task
- Application of the Design process
- Supply Chain involvement, demonstrating understanding of delivered designs
- Maintaining and development of design intent during project lifecycle
- Deliver design records to enable commissioning and installation.
- Act as interface between design team and system engineers
- Undertake design surveys & audits
Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills are key to this role.
Be highly proactive, logical thinker, adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Innovative and dynamic thinker.
Adaptable to changing work fronts, environments and challenging situations.
Must be a driven forward thinking professional with an ability to problem solve.
Ability to use engineering judgment.
Able to conduct themselves professionally and with integrity.
Chartered Engineer preferred.
BPSS or SC Security Clearance (if no clearance held must be willing to go through clearance process)