- Prepare estimates by compiling take-off based on the scope of work and entering into computer estimating system, review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to read Electrical Technical Specifications and Employers Requirements for low voltage bids, varying from large commercial bids, pharmaceutical projects & large Data centre projects.
- Managing & interfacing of the tendering process with the various departments, and the timely submitting of the tender.
- Assist in compiling the Technical Submission of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Manage the quotation request process and review quotations for completeness
- Manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Predict possible issues and pitfalls of projects, and advise the bid team of project risks and solutions.
- Follow up on submitted tenders and document the relevant feedback.
- Attend post tender meetings.
- After the successful bid at project handover, meet with the Construction Team to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and offer aspects for the successful transition of the project.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Construction Economics, Quantity Surveying or similar
- Ideally will possess previous experience in the construction industry of which some has been in a similar Senior Electrical Estimator position.
- Experience working on tenders in-excess of €4million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors.
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage, develop & retain a large team
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full time, permanent position