- To undertake lagging activities and to provide multi skilled support to engineering teams as and when directed by section Team Leaders or line management.
- To provide support to engineering teams to enable the completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the department meets the objectives of the Business (AC28)
- To provide support to engineering teams to enable the identification and rectification of all system, manufacture, defects and alterations to ensure the continued availability and performance of Clyde HM Submarines, Surface Craft and the Estate.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales (AC17)
- Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies
- Fleet Engineering activities and equipment e.g. scaffolding, FLT operations, slinging
- Thermal Insulation techniques
- Manual handling
- Risk Assessments, COSHH & Safe Systems of Work
- Control, issue and return of work equipment
Please note that applicants must hold full SC clearance and they must have worked in a security cleared environment in the last 12 months for this to be transferable. Candidates must be able to provide the name and telephone number of the company holding current SC.